Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Internet.

I cannot live without the internet. It is a need, I use the internet like I use oxygen. Without it, I seem lost, and sometimes even dead. Today my internet broke down for 15 minutes. It was the most stressful time of my life. I restarted the livebox and sat on the ground and stared at it until all the little green lights sparked up, for the sign that my life had came back. 

To be perfectly honest, I find it kind of sad. I remember when I was young and the internet meant nothing to me, and all I would do is play and draw and sometimes even bike outside. Now it's like I'm on a drug addict to Facebook, Tumblr, and my computer. (His name is Carl.) 

I am proud of myself though. I have controlled my time on the internet, and devoted it to reading, writing and studying. No that's a lie, I haven't controlled it at all. But I do read more than I used too. Which is...Okay I guess. 

Sometimes I wish my mum used parental controls, so then I would get used to it, so when I had the free time without the internet, I could really do something productive. But sometimes I don't, I mean if I'm trying to defeat Fiddlesticks here with my friend, I don't want my bloody internet to shut down in the middle of a online battle! 


I guess the moral to the story is, if the generation of teenagers today, are already like this. Pray to God it doesn't get too worse in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment