Thursday, March 21, 2013

Life In The Country Of Cows.

So, as you might know, I live in the country of Cows and Cheese, and good chocolate. (Which is a shame, since I am not a big fan of chocolate, but I do love cheese and milk...) Living here has it's good points and bad points. I was born in Geneva, Switzerland, but I do not consider myself french in anyway. None of my family is french, and just because I was born here doesn't make me french myself, unless I consider it. That is really what I believe. I believe I am from England, London and Lebanon in the Middle East. There are a lot of different places, but I won't really get into greater detail. 

Living here is quite experiencing, considering I've been here my whole life and I do not speak french, and go to a english school. I used to go to a french school and speak french perfectly well, but then being moved to a completely british school, and then a international one, I just completely forgot the difference between "Le" and "La" and also how to say "May I use the restroom?" in french. I mean seriously, if I want to use the bathroom in french, I don't want to be tested on my skills. 

"Excuse me miss, may I use the restroom?" I say with the most sincere and greatest smile on my face only to be greeted with: 


"If you say it in french, with proper grammar." 

I swear one of my french teachers made me write out the conjugations of "manger" just so I could go to the toilet. (Ironic?) 

Living here has it's good points as well, I mean it's kind of nice to be living in one of the most richest countries on earth, with the franc which is the highest valued currency yet. But things are bloody expensive. I mean you want me to pay five francs for chips at mcdonalds? No. Just no. And also, who wants to pay, to park, for a minute. I mean really? I stop of for two seconds, to visit someone sick in the hospital, and you charge me 10 francs or more? Come on. 

Also. It's pretty boring here. Like when I have friends over, or go to friends places, we end up doing the same thing every time. Go to the closest mall, and sometimes, rarely, go to the cinema in that mall, when there is rarely a good english movie showing. I mean yeah, the town is pretty cool, but urm expensive. And hard to get too. And yes I guess there's the cheese and chocolate factory. (Not trying to be stereotypical...) But serisouly. I wanna live in England. 

1 comment: